- 11 businesses will be allowed to operate starting tomorrow, 16 August 2021
- Businesses including barbers, hair salons, clothing stores, furniture shops, car wash centres and more
- Apply only to Phase 1 states, with at least 50% of the adult population to be fully vaccinated.
- Only those fully-vaccinated adults will be allowed to enjoy the SOP relaxation as well
- Phase 1 states include Kedah, Selangor, KL, Negeri Sembilan, Melaka, Johor and Putrajaya.
- *Update*Public recreational parks are also allowed to open for leisure purposes for Phase 1 states
PM Muhyiddin Announced That 11 Types Of Businesses In Phase 1 To Resume Tomorrow
Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin has announced that 11 economic activities are allowed to reopen starting tomorrow, 16 August, for all states in Phase 1 of the National Recovery Plan (NRP). The following businesses are:
- Car wash
- Electric & electrical shops
- Household & kitchen appliances shops
- Furniture shops
- Sports equipments shops
- Car accessories shops
- Automotive & car sales shops
- Morning markets & wholesale markets
- Clothing, fashion & accessories (No trying on of clothes)
- Jewellery stores
- Hair salons (for haircut services only)
PM Muhyiddin also mentioned that a leeway for these 11 types of businesses will apply to all states still under Phase 1 of NRP, with at least 50% of the adult population to be fully vaccinated. According to The Star, 51.5% of the adult population in Klang Valley are already full-vaccinated. Only those fully-vaccinated adults will be allowed to enjoy the leeway as well.
Refer below for fully-vaccinated definition:
- Vaccinated individuals with vaccines from Pfizer, Astra Zeneca, Sinovac that requires two (2) doses will only be considered fully vaccinated after 14 days.
- Vaccinated individuals with the Johnson & Johnson vaccine that requires one (1) dose will only be considered fully vaccinated after 28 days.
The states that are currently under Phase 1 of the NRP are Kedah, Selangor, KL, Negeri Sembilan, Melaka, Johor and Putrajaya.
Following are the SOPs that must take place for businesses under these 11 economic activities when they re-open tomorrow:
Public recreational parks for leisure purposes are also allowed to open in Phase 1 states starting tomorrow, 16 August. However, only individual activities such as jogging, exercise and riding the bike is allowed. Individuals can only visit public recreational parks that are in their respective neighbourhoods. Physical social distancing must be practiced at all times.
Now Playing, Catch New Episodes Every Friday At 7PM
We would like to invite you to join our New Telegram Group! We will regularly post about good food, casual promos, giveaways, and interesting findings in Malaysia.