- PUTRAJAYA: The Cheng Beng SOPs have been approved and released yesterday.
- The SOP will apply 14 days before and after the actual Cheng Beng date, that falls on 4th April 2021.
- SOP at cemeteries: Max 6 people at one time.
- SOP at columbarium: Max 10 people at one time in MCO states, 50% capacity with physical distancing for CMCO areas, and maximum number of visitors according to columbarium capacity for RMCO areas.
- For more info, read here.
PUTRAJAYA: Cheng Beng SOPs Approved
New Straits Times reports that the SOPs for the upcoming Cheng Beng (or Qing Ming) festival has been approved. Cheng Beng is an annual festival celebrated by the Chinese community at the cemeteries and columbarium.
According to the National Unity Ministry, the SOP will apply to the 14 days before and after the festival date, which is from 20th March till 4th April 2021, and 5th April till 18th April 2021, throughout the durations of the MCO, CMCO and RMCO.
- Max 6 people allowed at one time
- Prayers allowed from 5am to 6pm (duration of 90 mins each time)
- Max 10 people allowed at one time (MCO states)
- 50% capacity with physical distancing (CMCO areas)
- Max number of visitors according to columbarium capacity (RMCO areas)
Prayers at temples, etc (SOP)
- All prayers are allowed from 5am to 6pm
- Duration is limited to 60 mins
- Sanitisation work lasting 30 mins in between
The Cheng Beng (or Qing Ming) festival is celebrated by the Chinese community who usually hold prayers and clean the graves of their ancestors. Although the Cheng Beng SOPs have been released, please note that interstate travel is still not allowed.
Other things to take note of;
Movement Control Order (CMCO)
Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO); extended from 19th to 31st March 2021)
- Kuala Muda, Kedah
- Kulim, Kedah
- Seremban, Negeri Sembilan
- Wilayah Persekutuan (Kuala Lumpur)
- Sarawak (from 16th to 29th March 2021)
Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO)
- Wilayah Persekutuan (Putrajaya)
- Wilayah Persekutuan (Labuan)
Source: New Straits Times
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Klang Valley community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!