Hello, home-cooks! Have you been scratching your head trying to figure out what to cook? Well, let us help you there. Here’s a simple recipe you can try at home to make mushroom soup! Plus, you can have it two (2) ways: chunky or smooth! Whichever your favourite, it’ll surely taste good and it’s easy to cook too!
How To Cook Mushroom Soup From Scratch
Hot soup is very comforting to the tummy and perhaps, to the soul too. If you have some spare time at home one of these days, try your hand at making this Chunky Mushroom Soup recipe that’ll surely warm your belly up! We’re also sure that your family will really enjoy this soup!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- 10 brown button mushrooms
- 10 white button mushrooms
- 6 portobello mushrooms (Click to buy: https://shp.ee/54jqe25)
- 2 yellow onions (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 6 tbsp all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp fresh or dried parsley
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 cup cooking cream or evaporated milk (Click to buy: https://shp.ee/j64hxkm)
- 4 cups chicken broth
Step-by-Step Method How To Cook
- In a shallow pot/pan, heat up butter & 3 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Sautéed onions & garlic until it’s fragrant.
- Add in all mushrooms & sautéed well for 5 mins. Then, add 1 tbsp thyme leaves. (Save 1 tbsp for later)
- Add in all purpose flour & stir well.
- Add in chicken broth & stir well.
- Season with salt & black pepper.
- Cover with lid & let simmer for 15 mins while stirring occasionally. (Let soup thicken)
- Add in cooking cream & stir well. (Once you add cooking cream, do not let boil)
- Add in dried parsley & 1 tbsp thyme.
- Stir for about 2 mins and it’s ready to serve!
Note: Pour chunky mushroom soup into blender & blend until smooth if desired.
Homemade Soup Is The Best!
Wasn’t that such a simple recipe? You bet it is! You can quickly cook up this soup in no time at all! Plus, you can either have it chunky or smooth. Be sure to get all the ingredients you need the next time you go grocery shopping! Bye for now, and stay safe!
Recipe & photo(s) credit: Sheena’s Cooking Passion (Facebook)
Now Playing, Catch New Episodes Every Friday At 7PM
We would like to invite you to join our New Telegram Group! We will regularly post about good food, casual promos, giveaways, and interesting findings in Malaysia.