Hello, our dearest foodies! Who doesn’t love potatoes? From roasted to mashed, potato dishes are just turning better every year. Be it the classic French fries or the Korean tornado potato, it’s hard to resist the soft fluffy texture of this comfort food. If you are indeed a potato lover, today’s recipe is something you are going to adore. This time around, we will be sharing a recipe that turns a simple mashed potato into crispy Japanese croquettes!
Let’s Make Crispy Japanese Croquettes With Only 6 Ingredients
Mention Japanese food and the most common replies tend to revolve around ramen and sushi. While there are indeed many delicious fares, today we will be making an all-time favourite snack in Japan. If you’re still wondering what that is, it’s the crispy panko-crumbed potato snack, croquette. Without further ado, it’s time to spice up your snack time with some crunchy Japanese croquettes!
- 2 potatoes
- 1 sweet potato
- 150g of minced meat (beef or pork)
- 1/2 an onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
Ingredients (B) – Coating
- 1 egg
- All-purpose flour
1. Begin by steaming sweet potato and potatoes until a fork can easily pierce through the potatoes. Once cooked, use a fork to mash the potatoes.
2. Dice the onions and fry until it starts to brown. Add in soy sauce and salt and stir fry until well combined.
3. Then, add the cooked ingredients into the mashed potatoes and mix well.
4. Use your hands to shape the potato mixture into small cylinders. Coat with some flour and dip into the egg wash. Then, coat with a layer of breadcrumbs.
5. Under medium-low heat, fry the croquettes until golden brown. Then drain on a rack and it’s done!
Enjoy This Crunchy Snack With Your Favourite Sauce
Following only 5 steps, this is a simple way to turn a boring mashed potato into a fancy Japanese croquette. With a crispy crunch on the outside and a soft fluffy centre, it’s definitely a comfort food perfect on any day. Best served while it’s hot, don’t forget to drizzle your favourite dressing! Be it ketchup or aioli sauce, we hope you’ve enjoyed reading this recipe. Additionally, don’t forget to let us know how you went with it and see you in the next post!
This recipe is from 114708974 (RED)
Support Hong Kong Food Culture And Get 35% Off For Roasted Duck!
Hello, there! Being a part of the F&B community, we believe that it is important to help each other during this pandemic, and beyond. Now, you can support local eateries across Penang and Kuala Lumpur by ordering directly from them via phone call, WhatsApp, and Facebook Messenger. These eateries offer in-house food delivery and takeaways. Search for “Foodie Plus” on App Store.
Download FOODIE+ for free here
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Penang community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!