- Celebrations allowed within family members from the same household only
- No big gatherings/ dinners allowed outside of the household
- Rituals/ religious activities related to CNY are not allowed
- Max 5 pax in temples for committee members
- No lion dance, performances, and parades
- No interstate & inter-district travelling for CNY visits
Full SOP For This Upcoming Chinese New Year Celebrations:
Senior Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob has just announced the detailed SOP for Chinese New Year celebrations in his recent announcement. Celebrations are only allowed within family members from the same household. Meaning to say no big gatherings or dinners are allowed outside of the house.
In addition, rituals or religious activities related to CNY are not allowed to perform. This includes prayers in the temples, devotees are only allowed to pray at home. For those who are running or taking care of the temples, only a maximum of 5 committee members are allowed to be in the premise.
There won’t be any lion dance, performances, parades and lantern festivals this year. Those who are celebrating, it is advised to adhere to strict SOP and practice social distancing. Stay safe and be a diligent citizen.
Source: The Star
Check Out: Ismail Sabri: Hair Salons, Car Wash Centres & Night Markets Now Allowed To Operate Till 10PM
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Klang Valley community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!