Malaysian cinema operators have been closed since March 18 due to the virus, but have been given the green light to restart operations tomorrow 1 July 2020. Here are the latest operating hours and standard operating procedures (SOP) you need to know before heading out to catch a movie!
Latest Operating Hours For GSC, TGV And MBO Cinemas
- Monday – Thursday (1PM – 10PM)
- Friday – Saturday (12PM – 12AM)
- Sunday (11AM – 10PM)
Get FREE parking at GSC IOI City Mall and IOI Mall Puchong, by showing the purchased tickets at the mall’s customer service counter.
- Monday – Thursday (12PM – 9PM)
- Friday, Saturday & Public Holiday Eve (12PM – 12AM)
- Sunday & Public Holidays (11AM – 9PM)
They are offering cheap tickets from as low as RM5, for movie reruns featuring Jumanji, BoBoiBoy, Angry Birds 2, The Sacred Riana, Kanchana 3 and Parasite.
- Monday – Wednesday (6PM onwards)
- Thursday & Friday (3PM onwards)
- Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays (12PM onwards)
MBO Cinemas have also announced that their outlets in Harbour Place Klang, Space U8, Melaka Mall, U Mall Skudai and The Spring Kuching, will remain closed until further notice.
Strict SOP To Follow
1. Those aged 12 and below, and aged 60 and above, are not allowed to enter.
2. Cinema-goers and staff must provide contact details to facilitate contact tracing. Encouraged to use the MySejahtera App.
3. Anyone with temperatures above 37.5ºC will not be allowed to enter.
4. Patrons are encouraged to use hand sanitizers provided as often as possible.
5. Wear a face mask.
6. Social distancing: only sit at designated seats in the halls, and queue along the markers.
7. Cinema operators must clean and disinfect cinema hall after every screening.
Source: The Star
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Klang Valley community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!