Hello, foodies! Remember just a few months ago, McDonald’s cookies and cream pie was a huge hit? If you’ve tried it before, you know what we’re talking about. Chocolate cookie cream that oozes out when you bite through the crispy outer crust, it’s just heavenly good. If you haven’t had the chance to try it out, worry not because today we will be sharing a simple Oreo Lava Pie recipe that just tastes like the ones at McDonald’s!
Try Out This Oreo Cookies And Cream Pie That Uses Only 5 Ingredients
When it comes to Oreo cookies, there has been many recipes shared online. From the most recent Oreo cheesecake to Oreo ice cream, it’s hard to resist the temptation created by this black and white duo. If you are indeed looking for more Oreo desserts, then this is the recipe for you! Using only 5 simple ingredients, today we will be sharing an Oreo Lava Pie that you’re going to adore! Let’s get started with the ingredients.
- 1 egg
- 8 Oreo cookies
- 2 pieces of dark chocolate
- 50ml milk
1. Begin by separating the cream from the Oreo cookies. Then, crush the cookies into small pieces.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the egg and set aside. Slice away the crust from the bread and use your palm to flatten.
3. Pour milk, cream and dark chocolate into a pan. Cook under low heat and continue to stir until it thickens. Then, remove it from the heat.
4. Place two spoonful of the cream mixture onto the centre of the bread and add some crushed Oreo cookies. Brush the egg mixture on the edges and fold the bread in half.
5. Use a fork to crimp the edges and then dip the bread into the egg mixture.
6. Coat the bread with more crushed Oreo cookies.
7. Place the bread on a lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 5 minutes. And it’s done!
Enjoy A Freshly Baked Chocolate Pie At Home
That’s it! It’s simple, right? Using ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen, this is one of those desserts that tastes the best while it’s still piping hot! Although you have to be extra careful with the heat, remember to spare a glass of cold milk while you’re munching through it. Anyways, we hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe and let us know how you went! Additionally, stay safe and see you in the next post!
Support Tanglung and enjoy a 20% off the entire bill!
Hello, there! Being a part of the F&B community, we believe that it is important to help each other during this pandemic, and beyond. Now, you can support local eateries across Penang and Kuala Lumpur by ordering directly from them via phone call, WhatsApp, and Facebook Messenger. These eateries offer in-house food delivery and takeaways. Search for “Foodie Plus” on App Store.
Download FOODIE+ for free here
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Klang Valley community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!