- According to the updated Covid-19 guidelines from the National Security Council (MKN), the 10km travel limit ban has now been removed for areas under Phase 1 of the National Recovery Plan (NRP).
- States under Phase 1 include: Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Putrajaya, Kedah, Negeri Sembilan, Melaka and Johor.
- However, inter-district and interstate travel is still not allowed.
- For more info, visit this webpage.
10km Travel Limit Ban Now Removed For States Under Phase 1
Citizens living in Phase 1 states are now allowed to travel more than 10km from their home. The National Security Council (MKN) recently announced this new and updated SOP (dated 20 August 2021). However, citizens must take note that inter-district and interstate travel is still not allowed. But, exceptions are given to those who have already obtained permission from relevant authorities.
In other news updates, three (3) people (including a patient) are also allowed to go out for healthcare services. In addition, there is no limit to vehicle capacity for those are who fully-vaccinated. And, for those who have yet to complete their vaccinations, two (2) persons per household are now allowed to go out to obtain essentials (10km travel limit removed). This new SOP is effective today on 21st August 2021.
The criteria for fully-vaccinated individuals are as follows;
- 14 days after second dose of vaccine (Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Sinovac)
- 28 days after single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson, CanSino)
States under Phase 1 of the National Recovery Plan (as of 21 August 2021):
- Kuala Lumpur
- Negeri Sembilan
Source(s): New Straits Times (Website), MKN (Facebook)
Now Playing, Catch New Episodes Every Friday At 7PM
We would like to invite you to join our New Telegram Group! We will regularly post about good food, casual promos, giveaways, and interesting findings in Malaysia.