Hello foodies! As we’re opening in on another chapter, it’s without a doubt that this year we’re hoping for the new journey. As you may hear the news, Malaysia declared a two-week movement-control order for several states. With a sombre mood enveloping every one of us, Grab continue to assure that Grab’s services – Food, Mart, Express and Transport – will continue operating to serve the community in Malaysia.
Grab Malaysia Services Uninterrupted, Will Continue To Serve Community
Grab key focus is to continue safeguarding the income of the drivers, delivery partners and merchants, and to protect the community’s health and safety. Since the first MCO last year, Grab has taken steps to fast track the adoption of digital technology to help safeguard the livelihoods of the community and will continue to ramp up the efforts.
As such, Grab has immediately initiated the following:
Driver & Delivery Partners
- Boosting delivery network: With new services launched and the growing demand for delivery services, Grab is once again deploying the drivers to boost our delivery network and also supplement their income due to the possible decline in transport needs. This will ensure customers will continue to have seamless access to Grab Food, Mart and Express services.
- Grab ‘Partner Protection Fund’: Grab driver or delivery partner will receive up to RM1,000 to help with their medical needs if they are tested positive, or up to RM350 if they are required to self-isolate for precautionary purposes.
- Highest safety and hygiene standards via GrabProtect: To keep the community safe, Grab driver and delivery network will have easy access to masks, sanitisers, cleaners and disinfectant sprays via the GrabBenefits platform. Grab driver and delivery network are also required to voluntarily submit daily health declarations through the Grab Driver App.
- “Food Courts by GrabFood” and expanded “Pasar by GrabMart”: Grab introduced these services last year to help digitalise more traditional merchants whilst providing access to affordable essentials like food and daily needs to users.
- Instant retail: With foot-fall possibly declining for retailers, Grab will continue to support the growing retailers on Mart such as convenience, independent grocers and pharmacies with our instant delivery service.
- Grab will be announcing additional efforts to support the merchant community.
- Contactless & Cashless deliveries: To ensure safer and more hygienic practices and protect the community, Grab encourage everyone to practice contactless deliveries and cashless payments with GrabPay to minimise the risks of physical contact.
- Carefully sealed packages: Grab is working with the merchants to ensure that all orders are carefully and appropriately sealed.
Continue Support Efforts To Combat COVID-19
As a homegrown company, Grab is ready to join forces with the public sector, like-minded industry partners, and the community to help steer the nation towards recovery. As fellow Malaysians, we should continue supporting each other however we can!
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Klang Valley community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!