It’s that time of the year again – for red lanterns, fireworks, and lion dances! Chinese New Year holds a special place in the hearts of Malaysians. Marking the start of the Lunar calendar, it symbolises a new beginning as we bid farewell to the year’s past and usher in the new year. This is accompanied by customs like cleaning and decorating your home to embrace a fresh start.
Ring in the Year of the Rabbit with the IKEA Lucky Truck
In the spirit of renewal and moving forward, IKEA is bringing its life at home solutions on the road this festive season aboard the IKEA Lucky Truck. The red vehicle, resembling a rabbit, will be traveling to multiple cities across Malaysia starting today until 15 January 2023, bringing some home décor inspirations and loads of prizes to be won along the way. Visitors will have the chance to experience IKEA home furnishing solutions outdoors, get the first look at the IKEA Chinese New Year collection FÖSSTA and enjoy other fun and interactive activities at every stop.
IKEA LUCKY TRUCK SCHEDULE 2023
- IKEA Damansara | January 4
- Aeon Kinta City, Ipoh | January 6
- IKEA Batu Kawan | January 7
- Hin Bus Depot, Penang | January 8
- IKEA Cheras | January 11
- IKEA Tebrau | January 13
- Aeon Kulai, Johor | January 14
- Dataran Pahlawan, Malacca | January 15
“The IKEA Lucky Truck is our way of thanking our customers for their continuous support. By bringing our home furnishing expertise and life at home solutions on the road, we hope to reach out to more Malaysians even in places that do not have an IKEA store. We can’t think new year and are incredibly excited to unveil what else we have in store for 2023,” says Malcolm Pruys, Country Retail Manager, IKEA Malaysia.
Spreading more luck and good fortune at every stop!
From limited edition angpow pouches to home décor inspirations for the festive season, loads of fun activities and prizes await you when you visit the IKEA Lucky Truck.
- Get inspired this festive season: Looking to spruce up your home to welcome the new year? Experience our Chinese New Year interior set-up outdoors and get inspiration on how to one-up your home décor this festive season.
- Hop on early: Be the first 288 IKEA Family members to visit the IKEA Lucky Truck to redeem a limited edition angpow pouch. These beautiful pocketable blessings are made by local women using unused IKEA textiles, in line with our continued commitment to creating a positive impact through sustainable living.
Not an IKEA Family member? The IKEA Lucky Truck is a gift that keeps on giving. Sign up on the spot for free to redeem the angpow pouch and be rewarded with a mystery gift!
- Spot the truck, catch the luck: Be part of our social media contest! Post a photo of yourself with the Chinese New interior set-up in the IKEA Lucky Truck on Instagram, tag @ikeamalaysia and include the hashtag #MYIKEALuckyTruck. Lucky prizes await 28 of the most creative entries.
- Spend & Win: Earn a lucky turn at the gashapon machine (at IKEA locations) or spinning the wheel (at non-IKEA locations) with any purchase of IKEA products during the roadshow, and stand a chance to walk away with amazing prizes – limited to 1 lucky turn per receipt per customer.
- Scan and shop from anywhere: Got something on your wish list? Don’t worry, IKEA is bringing the home furnishing shopping experience to you. With “Scan and Shop”, simply browse your IKEA product of choice and scan the QR code to purchase. Experience it first when you visit the IKEA Lucky Truck.
Restore peace this New Year with the new FÖSSTA collection
Get your home ready for the festivities with the new IKEA Chinese New Year collection, FÖSSTA. A perfect blend of traditional and contemporary, the collection features embossed designs and eye-catching prints that will surely put you in a festive mood. Spruce up your living and dining space with the FÖSSTA collection ranging from cushion covers, dinnerware, decorations, and more. The collection will be showcased aboard the IKEA Lucky Truck this festive season.
IKEA is also introducing an all-new food range inspired by the festive season. Head on over to the IKEA Bistro, IKEA Restaurant, or IKEA Swedish Food Market to indulge in sweet and savoury delicacies like the lotus leaf rice, bunny white chocolate orange cake, barbecue chicken dried meat, and more.
Adapted from press release
Check out our documentary series – Foodie Originals
We would like to invite you to join our New Telegram Group! We will regularly post about good food, casual promos, giveaways, and interesting findings in Malaysia.