- The Langkawi Travel Bubble will commence from 16 September 2021 onwards.
- Local tourists from other states (excluding areas under EMCO) who fulfil SOP criteria are allowed to travel to Langkawi domestically (both land and air).
- Locals must also be fully vaccinated (14 days after two-dose vaccines, 28 days after single-dose vaccines).
- Hotels and homestays are permitted.
- Covid-19 test or insurance protection is not compulsory.
- For more info on this domestic travel initiative and full SOP, see here.
Langkawi Travel Bubble Commences From 16 Sept Onwards
Langkawi Island will be the first destination for a pilot project to open the domestic tourism sector. According to YB Dato Sri Hajah Nancy Shukri, Minister of Tourism, Arts & Culture, Langkawi will be open to domestic tourists who meet the SOP criteria from all over the country, including from states in Phase 1 of the National Recovery Plan (does not apply to areas under EMCO). This travel bubble commences from 16th September 2021 onwards.
Domestic tourists can travel to Langkawi via land and air. For movement via road, tourists will need to use the services of travel agencies, at least to use transportation services from the starting destination to the ferry jetty to Langkawi. Meanwhile, tourists who start their journey to Langkawi from Kedah and Perlis, as well as via air, they are not required to use the services of travel agencies.
Here Are The List of SOPs To Follow:
- Must be fully vaccinated (14 days after two-dose vaccines, 28 days after single-dose vaccines)
- No age limit
- Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by fully vaccinated adults
- Must show proof of purchase for tourism product to apply for a movement permit from police/ authorities (ie. Airline/ferry ticket, Hotel/ travel package receipt)
- Vehicle passengers according to capacity limit
- Stay in hotels and homesteads permitted
- Beach activities, water sports, snorkelling, diving, fishing, etc are permitted
- Theme parks and family entertainment centres permitted
- For full list of permitted activities, see here
Source: MOTAC (Website)
Check Out This Infographic Below For A Quick Look On SOPs
Are you fully vaccinated and excited to plan a trip to Langkawi? We bet some of you are. Even though this is a pilot tourism destination, we hope that all goes well and that we can continue to show our support for domestic travel. If you are heading to Langkawi, remember to keep yourself safe and adhere to the SOPs – but, do enjoy yourselves and have a good time too!
For more info about the Langkawi Travel Bubble, click here.
Now Playing, Catch New Episodes Every Friday At 7PM
We would like to invite you to join our New Telegram Group! We will regularly post about good food, casual promos, giveaways, and interesting findings in Malaysia.