- Millions of Free Shipping vouchers provided daily by Lazada as part of its efforts to support homebound Malaysians shopping online
- Nearly twice more grocers have digitalised through Lazada since last year
- Grocery purchases on Lazada rose over 3x year-on-year during MCO 3.0
Lazada Prioritises Delivery of Groceries and Essentials Amid Tightened MCO 3.0 with 24-to-48-Hour Delivery Promise
In preparation to meet further rise in demand for groceries online during the tightened Movement Control Order (MCO) 3.0, Lazada has strengthened its logistics operations to empower local grocers with 24-to-48-hour delivery services, while also supporting homebound communities with daily Free Shipping vouchers on essential items.
“After more than a year of battling the COVID-19 pandemic, Malaysians have grown even more accustomed to shopping online for everyday essentials, as evidenced by grocery purchases on Lazada tripling year-on-year during the nationwide MCO 3.0. Since last year, the number of local grocers that have digitalised through Lazada to future-proof their business has nearly doubled too. We stand ready to continuously connect thousands of homegrown grocers with more than one-third of the local population shopping on the Lazada app every month,” said Sherry Tan, Chief Business Officer, Lazada Malaysia.
Olivier Petra, Chief Logistics Officer, Lazada Malaysia, added that: “During this crucial time, we are prioritising the delivery fulfilment of essential items, such as fresh produce, face masks, hand sanitisers, household goods, baby supplies, and pet supplies. Homebound Malaysians can rest easy knowing that we will ensure their groceries are delivered fast and on time throughout the tightened MCO 3.0. We urge the local community to make use of the daily Free Shipping vouchers provided to shop safely from home and help curb the spread of COVID-19. We are also conducting contactless delivery for the safety and peace of mind of all our customers and staff.”
Online shoppers can have easy access to ample supplies of fresh vegetables, fruits, meat, seafood, cooking ingredients, and everyday essentials from thousands of local grocers specially curated on the ‘Shop From Home’ page via this link (http://lzd.co/MalaysiaShopFromHome). Millions of Free Shipping vouchers* are also supplied on the page every day and restocked on a daily basis at midnight, 12AM, to provide economic aid for Malaysians to get necessities online. Select stores on the page provide same-day, next-day, and 48-hour deliveries* in Klang Valley.
Having served the local community valiantly since last year, grocers with exceptional performance and product quality have been able to gain the trust of the local online shopping community, as seen from the high positive ratings. Some of the local-favourite grocers on the ‘Shop From Home’ page includes:
- Cameron Farmers (95% Positive Seller Rating): Farm-to-table seller offers vegetables and fruits.
- Fully Fishery (97% Positive Seller Rating): Seafood merchant offers salmon, cod, shellfish, etc.
- Panjang Kee Chicken (99% Positive Seller Rating): Store offers free-range poultry and eggs.
- GST Fresh Mart (96% Positive Seller Rating): Merchant offers frozen beef, lamb, mutton, etc.
- Chop Tong Guan (95% Positive Seller Rating): Fruits seller offers apples, oranges, berries, etc.
- ifresh (95% Positive Seller Rating): Convenience store offers condiments, sauces, jam, spices, etc.
- Signature Market (97% Positive Seller Rating): LazMall brand offers pre-packed healthy snacks.
- Nestle Ice Cream (90% Positive Seller Rating): LazMall brand offers wide range of frozen desserts.
- Jocom (92% Positive Seller Rating): Merchant offers instant beverages, canned drinks, etc.
- Grocery Store (Over 200,000 Followers): LazMall flagship store offers household goods and supplies.
Local micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) are welcomed to sign up as a new seller now on Lazada with zero set-up cost via this link (http://lzd.co/SellOnLazadaMY) by making use of the ongoing Lazada Pintar Niaga stimulus package.
Source: Press Release