- Oriental Cravings Restaurant located in 1 Utama Shopping Mall announces their permanent closure after being unable to sustain their business due to the pandemic.
- This restaurant is most famous among locals for its Claypot Lou Shu Fun and other classic local delights.
- It was operating for more than 17 years before officially having to close down.
- The restaurant also expresses their gratitude to patrons for the last 17 years of business and support.
- Check out their official announcement here.
Famous Restaurant For Claypot Lou Shu Fun In 1 Utama Announces Permanent Closure
Today, we are extremely sad to share that yet another one of our favourite local businesses have been forced to close down permanently due to the pandemic. For PJ folks and 1 Utama goers, we’re sad to share that Oriental Cravings Restaurant has announced their official closure. If you live within the area or visit 1 Utama frequently, you’d know that this restaurant is highly popular among locals for their Claypot Lou Shu Fun – that we will now all miss eating.
Oriental Cravings Restaurant Thanks Customers For 17 Long Years
Oriental Cravings Restaurant was opened by three local ladies – Doreen Tan, Fay Cheng and June Yap (Source: Malay Mail). They have been feeding our hungry bellies with their diverse heritage of food since 2003. Popular menu items include their signature Claypot Lou Shu Fun, Chicken Curry with Ham Choy (preserved vegetables), Rice Wine Chicken Mee Sua and more.
Regulars At The Restaurant Share Their Fond Memories & Bid Goodbye
It seems like the Covid-19 pandemic has forced another one of our favourite local businesses to go under. It’s no doubt that locals and the restaurant’s regulars will surely miss their food and friendly ambience. Are you a regular customer at Oriental Cravings? If you are, leave a comment on their Facebook post and thank them for the memories! Check out their closure announcement on Facebook here.
Now Playing, Catch New Episodes Every Friday At 7PM
We would like to invite you to join our New Telegram Group! We will regularly post about good food, casual promos, giveaways, and interesting findings in Malaysia.