- Airbnb is welcoming the Year of the Ox with a first-time collaboration with Malaysian homegrown talents for a memorable Chinese New Year celebration
- Melinda Looi, Sherson Lian, Shen-Tel Lee and Sheena Liam will be hosting their very own special edition festive Online Experiences
Family reunions may be limited for this year’s Chinese New Year festivities, but that doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate with our loved ones! For the first time ever, Airbnb is teaming up with four homegrown Malaysian talents to host special edition Online Experiences that friends and families can participate in together on this joyous occasion.
Celebrate This ‘Niu’ Year At Home With Airbnb Online Experiences
Hosted by award-winning fashion designer Melinda Looi, celebrity chef and TV personality Sherson Lian, entrepreneur and philanthropist Shen-tel Lee, and fashion model and artist Sheena Liam, these four Online Experiences will take place on Airbnb from 6 February onwards.
Malaysians and guests around the region can sign up when the Online Experiences go live at http://www.airbnb.com/d/chineseniuyear on 2 February 2020. Seats are now bookable, with limited slots for each one-off experience.
- Design Sock Puppets with Melinda Looi – Need something to keep the little ones occupied? Melinda’s Online Experience will show you easy ways to upcycle your old socks or clothes into adorable Ox puppets, to mark this Year of the Ox.
- Mom’s Signature CNY Duck w/ Sherson Lian – Amp up your reunion dinner by learning how to make a Cucumber and Wood Ear Fungus Salad and Sour Plum Stewed Duck, with Sherson’s very own treasured family recipes.
- DIY Yee Sang with Shentel & Betty Lee – Hop into the kitchen with Shen-tel and her mother as the charismatic duo share their tips and tricks to creating impressive yee sang platters with everyday ingredients. All proceeds from Shen-tel’s Social Impact Experience will be donated to Kuching Food Aid.
- Make Festive Cocktails with Sheena Liam – Surprise your family and liven up your reunions with Sheena’s delicious recipes, as the passionate budding mixologist teams up with the founders of Penang’s Backdoor Bodega and Hold Up! to teach you how to craft festive Malaysian cocktails and mocktails.
Book A Special Virtual Experience This CNY With Airbnb Now
Throughout the month of February, Airbnb hosts around Southeast Asia and Asia Pacific are opening up their homes virtually to celebrate Chinese New Year with a variety of Online Experiences, such as cooking xiao long bao, brewing the perfect tea and more. Whether learning a variety of new cuisines to spice up your meals at home, or commemorating the start of a new lunar year by embracing new positive habits, there are plenty of activities to explore over the festive holiday weekend. Check out all Chinese New Year Online Experiences available for booking at http://www.airbnb.com/d/chineseniuyear.
Source: Press Release
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Klang Valley community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!