- No need to register with MySejahtera app while filling up petrol at Self-service kiosks with credit/debit & window counter transaction
- You need to register with the app when entering premises such as the petrol station shop, toilet or surau
CPRC Clarifies That Scanning Of MySejahtera Is Not Needed While Pumping Petrol
According to Free Malaysia Today, the Crisis Preparedness and Response Centre (CPRC) has responded today that registering with the MySejahtera app is not needed when filling up petrol. This follows a recent confusion among the rakyats on whether it was mandatory to register with the app even while at self-service kiosks.
The CPRC also mentioned that encounters such as filling petrol at pump stations or while making payments do not require MySejahtera scanning. Only those entering the premise are needed to scan the MySejahtera app.
According to The Star Online, President of Petrol Dealers Association Datuk Khairul Annuar Abdul Aziz said that only individuals entering the petrol station shop, toilet or surau are required to register.
Just yesterday, Bukit Aman Criminal Investigation Department deputy director DCP Datuk Mior Faridalathrash Wahid stated that anyone arriving at the petrol station needs to register with the MySejahtera app. This includes those using the self-service kiosks at petrol stations.
Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob has just announced detailed SOPs you need to be aware of at petrol stations:
You need to register with the MySejahtera app or manually when:
- Entering the convenience stores at petrol station to make any transaction or to use the ATM
- Entering surau and toilets at the premise of petrol station
- Individuals who send vehicles into workshops at petrol stations
- Those who have their car manually washed at petrol stations
Meanwhile, you don’t have to register with the MySejahtera app or manually when:
- Pumping petrol using credit/debit transactions at self-service kiosks
- Pumping petrol with transactions at pigeon hole/window counter without entering the shops at petrol station
- Pumping air into car tires
- Sending your car for auto-wash or automatic car wash (with transactions made at pigeon hole/window counter)
Take Note & Be Aware
Now that the air is cleared on the issues regarding SOPs at petrol station, let’s remember to adhere to them at all times. Meanwhile, your face masks is still very much necessary while out and about, even if it’s just refuelling petrol. So, be vigilant and take care! Remember to always sanitise after!
Sources: MKN Press Conference
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Klang Valley community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!