Hello, foodies! As another year draws to a close, most of us would start working on our “new year” resolutions and…abandon them after the first week of the year? And, as for the rest of us, the beginning of a new year is when we plan our calendars and plan holidays (hopefully)!
List of Public Holidays in 2021
It’s no doubt that 2020 has been an (un)eventful year in terms of travelling, but, let’s hope that the coming year will be much better! And, it looks like it’s off to a good start because we will be having 14 national public holidays next year, in 2021. Hooray!
National Holidays in 2021:
- 1 January, Friday – New Year’s Day (national except Johor, Kedah, Kelantan, Perlis & Terengganu)
- 28 January, Thursday – Thaipusam (only in Johor, KL, Negeri Sembilan, Penang, Perak, Putrajaya & Selangor)
- 12 February, Friday – Chinese New Year
- 13 February, Saturday – Chinese New Year Holiday
- 29 April, Thursday – Nuzul Al-Quran (national except Johor, Kedah, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan, Sabah & Sarawak)
- 1 May, Saturday – Labour Day
- 13 May, Thursday* – Hari Raya Aidilfitri
- 14 May, Friday* – Hari Raya Aidilfitri Holiday
- 26 May, Wednesday – Wesak Day
- 7 June, Monday – Agong’s Birthday
- 20 July, Tuesday – Hari Raya Haji
- 10 August, Tuesday – Awal Muharram
- 31 August, Tuesday – National Day
- 16 September, Thursday – Malaysia Day
- 19 October, Tuesday – Prophet Muhammad’s Birthday
- 4 November, Thursday – Deepavali (national except Sarawak)
- 25 December, Saturday – Christmas Day
*Subject to change
Click Below for Individual State Holidays in 2021
Choose your state or territory:
- Kuala Lumpur
- Negeri Sembilan
What Are Your Plans For 2021?
And, there you have it – that sums up today’s list of public holidays and long weekends for next year. If you do plan on travelling domestically next year, make sure you continue to wear a mask and practice social distancing. Stay safe, and Happy New Year, foodies!
Feature image credit: (left) @books_plus_art (Instagram), (right) @louise6manville (Instagram)
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Klang Valley community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!