- The Starhill at Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur will house Taiwan’s renowned eslite spectrum (誠品生活), which marks the bookstore’s first-ever branch in Southeast Asia.
- The more-than-70,000 sq ft flagship store will be opening in 2022.
- This new flagship store will be complete with an Eslite Bookstore, themed restaurants, coffee shops, lifestyle brands and more.
- For more info, see here.
Hailed As The World’s Coolest Bookstore, Taiwan’s eslite spectrum (誠品生活) Will Open In KL In 2022
The Starhill is welcoming the renowned eslite spectrum (誠品生活) by the eslite Group, which innovatively created the world’s first 24-hour bookstore, from Taiwan to Kuala Lumpur in 2022 – their first-ever eslite branch in Southeast Asia, following the signing of a tenancy agreement between Mr Joseph Yeoh, Vice President of YTL Land & Development Bhd and Ms Mercy Wu, Chairperson of the eslite Group today. Not just a bookstore, eslite spectrum will be a creative cultural venue with a rich selection of Chinese, English and Malay language books, as well as music, design and hand-made goods, performing arts, themed restaurants and coffee shops, lifestyle brands, and diverse cutting-edge cultural and creative brands.
The 70,191 sq ft flagship store will become The Starhill’s anchor tenant, commanding the entire Level 1 space and also including a street-fronting F&B outlet on the Ground Level right next to The Starhill Piazza where creative events and programmes will be staged all year round. The flagship store will also feature a sweeping café terrace on Level 1 overlooking The Starhill Piazza fronting the bustling Jalan Bukit Bintang – perfect for patrons to gather, connect and people watch.
TIME Magazine: Asia’s Best Bookstore
Here’s what you should know about eslite spectrum (誠品生活):
- eslite spectrum was established as a subsidiary of eslite in 2010. Guided by the same core values, Eslite and eslite spectrum are on different missions, forming a cultural value chain, and a platform for reading and cultural exchange.
- eslite is defined as a provider of cultural content, engaged in professional bookstores, galleries, art exhibitions, music performances, cinemas, logistics and other cultural and creative businesses.
- eslite spectrum is defined as an omni-channel platform for creative commerce for cultural and creative brands, hospitality, specialty foods and tourism and cultural leisure, featuring an artist residence and supporting talent and entrepreneurship, cross-border ventures, and exchange and experience sharing.
eslite spectrum (誠品生活) As The Starhill’s Anchor Tenant
So, now you know that Asia’s Best Bookstore is coming to our shores, make sure you update all your best friends because it’s going to be an amazing! We are so excited and we cannot wait for 2022 to come sooner. Have you ever been to Eslite in Taiwan? If you have, tell us about your experience in the comments! Bye for now!
Feature image(s) credit: The Starhill
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Klang Valley community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!