We all have our favourite traditional kuih that can never be forgotten. For us, it’s this Kuih Semperit! Soft and buttery texture, slightly crispy on the edge – just like how our Opah used to make when we balik kampung for Raya. But to achieve that kind of texture ain’t easy. Lucky for us, Anchor Pure New Zealand Butter is just perfect for making this legendary cookie!
What Raya Cookies Are You Making This Year?
Before that, how is your Ramadan so far? Sadly, this month with an abundance of blessings has to come to an end. But hey, there’s Syawal where we celebrate the blessings of Ramadan and reunite with our family and friends! Speaking of that, kuih Raya is a must-served dish during Aidilfitri and we have just the perfect cookies for you that bring out the nostalgic feeling, not to mention enjoyed by people of all ages – Semperit!
The key to baking scrumptious cookies lies in the ingredient. Let’s step up your Raya game and amplify the flavours of real butter to achieve the ultimate golden indulgence with Anchor Pure New Zealand Butter!
Anchor Pure New Zealand Butter: Truly A Golden Buttery Experience
Anchor Pure New Zealand Butter has been around long enough to earn a place in everyone’s heart. From sauces to sweet baked goods, it just adds that distinctive creamy butter taste to your dishes that makes everyone go ooh~la~la~! It’s no doubt as it’s made from milk sourced from New Zealand pasture-fed cows. The milk produced from pre-dominantly grass-fed cows in New Zealand has higher beta-carotene compared to grain-fed cows, giving the butter a rich golden colour. Simple ingredient, yet pleasing to the tastebuds.
Now you know why we use Anchor Pure New Zealand Butter, let’s start baking and indulge ourselves in a buttery golden experience using none other than Anchor Pure New Zealand Butter!
Semperit Cookies Using Anchor Pure New Zealand Butter:
- 250g Anchor Salted Butter (soften & sifted)
- 160g icing sugar (sifted)
- 1 egg yolk (from ‘A’ size egg)
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 300g cookie flour (sifted)
- 100g custard powder (sifted)
- 30g cornflour (sifted)
- 30g Fernleaf Full Cream Milk Powder (sifted)
- 80g red & green glace cherry (optional)
- 80g triple colour chocolate sprinkle (optional)
1. In a bowl, mix butter and icing sugar using a spatula until creamy.
2. Then add in egg yolk and vanilla essence, and continue to mix until combined.
3. Add all dry ingredients. Continue to mix until all ingredients are nicely combined.
4. Using a clean hand, gently knead and then form a big dough ball.
5. Cover or cling wrap the bowl and rest the dough for 15 minutes before shaping.
6. Shape the dough into the desired pattern and place it on a lined baking tray with a 1cm gap in between each cookie.
7. Add decorations!
8. Bake in preheated oven with a temperature of 160°C for 13-15 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool down before serving or store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Stand A Chance To Win Prizes Worth Up To RM69,000!
Since Syawal is near, here’s your chance to grab duit raya worth up to RM69,000! Boy oh boy, you’ll be delighted to hear what Anchor has for you!
8 lucky winners will get to land their hands on 40g Gold worth RM11,000 (3x winners) and 20g Gold worth RM5,500 (5x winners)! But that’s not all, 9 winners will be selected (1 person each week) to bring home RM1,000 worth of duit raya! So don’t miss your chance and:
- Purchase any Anchor dairy product(s) worth RM30 and above in a single receipt.
- Take a photo of your receipt.
- Log onto the Jom Raya, Jom Anchor contest here or scan the QR code provided.
- Answer some questions & upload the receipt photo to WIN!
As simple as that and you’ll be eligible to participate in this Jom Raya, Jom Anchor contest!
What a Raya! Not only you’ll get to spend time with your loved ones, munching over these rich, creamy, nostalgic Semperit cookies, but something extraordinary might be delivered to you by none other than Anchor Food Professionals.
Don’t Forget Other Staple Raya Dishes!
Pst! You do know Anchor has other dairy products that are perfect for Ramadan and Syawal dishes, right? Check out this cooking cream that will give a new kick to your dishes, as well as other Anchor recipes that are available on their Facebook! Happy baking and Selamat Hari Raya, Foodies!
Contact: 1-800-88-3122 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Now Playing, Catch New Episodes Every Friday At 7PM
Track your parcel: https://trackie.my
We would like to invite you to join our New Telegram Group! We will regularly post about good food, casual promos, giveaways, and interesting findings in Malaysia.